August 10, 2022, 5:10 pm

Notice :
Website update in progress. Soon we will have a new look....

Young man dies after being bitten by a snake in Moulvibazar

Moulvibazar Representative /

A young man has died after being bitten by a poisonous snake floating in the flood waters in Moulvibazar. Earlier, a youth from Kulaura Upazila and another youth from Juri Upazila were bitten by a poisonous snake in the flood waters.

A young man named Imran Ahmed (18) was bitten by a poisonous snake in flood water in Padunapur village of Upper Kagafla union of Moulvibazar Sadar upazila around 8:30 pm on Thursday (June 23). Later, the locals took Imran to Moulvibazar Sadar Hospital. But the snake bite patient was not vaccinated at the 250-bed hospital and was rushed to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital where he died on Friday morning.

Meanwhile, locals complained that he died at Moulvibazar Sadar Hospital due to non-delivery of snake vaccine in time. When asked about this, the caretaker of Sadar Hospital Humayun Kabir said that there is a snake bite vaccine in the hospital. If the venomous snake is vaccinated without confirming the venomous snake, the patient will die from the effects of the vaccine. So the vaccine was not given as it was not sure if it was bitten by a snake.

Please Share This Post in Your Social Media

© All rights reserved © 2019 thedailymorningglory.com
Design & Developed BY website