October 17, 2021, 9:32 pm

Notice :
Website update in progress. Soon we will have a new look....

The grenade attack was carried out on 21st August with the assurance of Tareq: Joy

File image.
Special Correspondent :

And one day later, mourn the horrific August 21 grenade attack. Sajeeb Wazed Joy, grandson of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, son of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and IT adviser, posted a status on his verified Facebook page on Thursday (August 19th). In it, he highlighted various aspects of the full verdict in the two cases related to the August 21 grenade attack. Referring to the verdict given by District and Sessions Judge Shahed Nur Uddin of Dhaka Speedy Trial Tribunal-1, Sajeeb Wazed Joy said in his status that the Awami League’s rally on Bangabandhu Avenue on August 21, 2004 was horrifying with the assurance of the current acting chairman of BNP and then senior joint secretary general Tareq Rahman. The attack was carried out.
Sajib Joy further wrote in the status that the militants also got administrative support from the then administration regarding the attack. Harkatul Jihad (HUJI) leader Mufti Abdul Hannan and his associates visited Hawa Bhaban in Banani a few days before the grenade attack and met Tareq Rahman. The then State Minister for Home Affairs Lutfuzzaman Babar, then Prime Minister Khaleda Zia’s Political Secretary Harish Chowdhury, then Minister and Jamaat leader Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mujahid, then Director of Army Intelligence CIB Major General (Retd.) Rezzakul Haider Chowdhury, NSI .) Had a conspiratorial meeting with Abdur Rahim. At the meeting, the militants sought the cooperation of the then Leader of the Opposition and Awami League President, current Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Awami League leaders. Tareq Rahman assured all kinds of cooperation to the militants in front of everyone present. And the main purpose of that attack was to assassinate Sheikh Hasina and make her party leaderless. District and Sessions Judge Shahed Nur Uddin of Dhaka Speedy Trial Tribunal-1 has raised all these issues in the full verdict of the two cases related to the grenade attack on August 21.
Bangabandhu’s grandson further said that after reviewing the scene of the case, the seized evidence, the state witnesses, the confessional statements of the accused and the surrounding evidence, the verdict said that the grenade attack was carried out by the militant group Huji, Hizbul Mujahideen. The militant activities of the Rohingya Solidarity Organization continue unabated in this country; The pro-independence and pro-liberation forces have turned the Awami League into a failed state by destroying the development and democratic continuity of the country without leadership. Apart from this, it appears to the court that he also worked here for the purpose of gaining positional and power.

Sheikh Hasina’s information technology adviser further said that the verdict states that in order to implement these objectives, former Deputy Minister Abdus Salam Pintu’s government near the Mohammadpur Super Market in July 2002 and at the Seven Dome Mosque in the same area in 2003, at Hawa Bhaban between 1st and mid-August 2004. Apart from the residence, the accused were involved in criminal conspiracy by holding meetings at different places in Dhaka. According to the decision of these meetings, the militants took administrative advantage from accused Babar, Rezzakul, Rahim, Pintu, Tareq, Harish and Kaikobad. Thinking that it would be easier for them to carry out the attack as the BNP was in power, the militants went to Hawa Bhaban in early 2004 with the help of MP Kaikobad and got in touch with Tarique Rahman and Harish Chowdhury.
Joy said the verdict further said that Rezzakul and Rahim were aware of the grenade attack on the day of the incident but refrained from disclosing intelligence. In this way, the militants carried out the attack with silent and administrative support. The attack killed 24 people, including female Awami League president Ivy Rahman. Hundreds of leaders, activists, supporters, lawyers and journalists were injured. Many are paralyzed. In his confessional statement, Mufti Hannan said they had received administrative assistance to carry out the grenade attack without interruption, the verdict said. The name of Maulana Tajuddin, brother of Abdus Salam Pintu, as the supplier of the grenade was revealed in the investigation conducted by the then IGP Khodabox Chowdhury. But he did not take any steps to arrest Tajuddin in this case. As a result, it is clear that the militants carried out the attack in co-operation with the administration. Judge Mia, Abul Hashem Rana and Shariful Islam have recorded false and fabricated confessional statements and false records in order to cover up the real culprits by intimidating and intimidating others to protect them without taking any legal action against them even though they knew about the attackers. Get it done. At the same time, he sent one of the masterminds of the incident and the grenade suppliers and conspirators abroad to protect the criminals.
On October 10, the tribunal sentenced 19 people, including accused Babar and Pintu, to double death in the two cases. Most of the convicts are top leaders of domestic and international militant organizations. Tareq, Harish and 19 others were sentenced to double life imprisonment for the same crime. The full verdict in the two cases was released by the tribunal last month.

Please Share This Post in Your Social Media

© All rights reserved © 2019 thedailymorningglory.com
Design & Developed BY website