October 17, 2021, 10:05 pm

Notice :
Website update in progress. Soon we will have a new look....

In Chapainawabganj, twin sister died after eating food brought from a hotel

Abdullah Al Mamun: Twin sisters Swarna (17) and Swapna (17) died after falling ill after eating Moghlai Parata brought from a hotel in Chapainawabganj. Swarna died at home on Tuesday (July 8) at around 9:30 am and on the way to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital at around 1.30 pm. The deceased was identified as Sadiqul Islam Robi, a businessman of Kalitala mahalla, ward 2 of Chapainawabganj municipal area. They were 1st year humanities students of Nawabganj Government College.

The families of the deceased alleged that they had died after eating moghlai brought from Hotel Shahjahan Suites in the old market of Chapainawabganj town. Besides, a relative named Sabina Yasmin and Sifat Ali (20), the mother of Swarna Sampar, fell seriously ill.Sadiqul Islam Robi, the father of the deceased, said that on Monday (July 5) afternoon, he bought Moghlai from Hotel Shahjahan Suites in the old market area of the city with the help of a shop employee and brought it home to eat with the family. Later that night his wife Sabina Yasmin, daughters Swarna and Sapna and relative Sifat fell ill. They were taken to the 250-bed Chapainawabganj District Hospital. Swarna and her mother were later released from the hospital with medical treatment. On the other hand, Swapna and Sifat were admitted to the hospital. Swarna died soon after coming home. On the other hand, if Sapna’s condition is critical, he was referred to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital at noon. On the way there, Sapna also died at half past one in the afternoon.

Jamal Uddin Naser, owner of Shahjahan Suites Hotel, said no one else fell ill after eating Moghlai Parata in his shop. However, he said that it would be known from the video footage whether Moghlai was actually taken from his shop.

Chapainawabganj District Hospital Residential Medical Officer (RMO) with 250 beds. Nurunnahar Nasu said four members of the same family were admitted to the hospital early in the morning. Among them, Swarna died before being admitted to the hospital. Although Swapna was admitted, her condition was critical and she was referred to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.

He added that according to the family, they got sick after eating at the hotel. Everyone admitted to the hospital was suffering from abdominal pain and vomiting. Usually when there is a problem with food, more than one member of the family gets sick at the same time. However, it cannot be said that they died primarily due to hotel food without an autopsy.

Sadar Model Police Station OC (Investigation) Mintu Rahman said no one had lodged a complaint with the police station. In case of complaint, necessary action will be taken subject to investigation.

Please Share This Post in Your Social Media

© All rights reserved © 2019 thedailymorningglory.com
Design & Developed BY website