September 19, 2021, 6:14 pm

Notice :
Website update in progress. Soon we will have a new look....

Homes burnt to ashes in a horrific fire in Shayestaganj

Shayestaganj (Habiganj) Representative:

A terrible fire broke out in Nurpur of Shayestaganj upazila. The fire broke out in Dakshin Nurpur of the upazila on Tuesday (August 3) afternoon.

It is learned that the damage caused by the fire is estimated to be around Rs 10 lakh. According to fire officials, the incident was caused by a power short circuit.

Zaitun Begum’s eldest son Imran Mia said, “We have lost about 10 lakh rupees including gold, mobile, TV, fridge, goods and cash in our house.” Suddenly, the only house of Zaitun Begum in South Nurpur was burnt to ashes. Having lost their livelihood, the family is now living under the open sky.

Zaitun Begum, the owner of the house, died three months ago. This house was the only hope for the lost children. They have nothing but clothes to wear, everything has been burnt to ashes.

Witnesses said that on Tuesday afternoon, the neighbors started shouting when they saw a fire burning in Zaitun Begum’s house. Hearing the screams, the people of the area tried to put out the fire, after which the fire service personnel came and were able to put out the fire.

Ariful Islam, in-charge of Shayestaganj Fire Service, said, “We have speculated that the fire may have been caused by a short circuit in electricity.”

Please Share This Post in Your Social Media

© All rights reserved © 2019 thedailymorningglory.com
Design & Developed BY website