October 17, 2021, 10:51 pm

Notice :
Website update in progress. Soon we will have a new look....

Grandfather and grandson died due to negligence of electricity office at Kanaighat

Sylhet Bureau :

Grandfather and grandson died due to electrocution due to negligence of Palli Bidyut Office at Kanaighat in Sylhet. Tensions are running high in the local area. Protesting against their death, people surrounded the Kanaighat zonal office of Palli Bidyut.

The tragic incident took place at noon on Monday (October 4) in Chaura East village of Sadar union in Kanaighat upazila. The deceased were identified as Maulana Fakhar Uddin, 70, and his grandson Ariful Islam, 8. Such a tragic death of grandparents has cast a shadow of mourning over the area.

It is learned that on Sunday (October 3) night, a main line of rural electricity broke and fell to the ground near the house of Maulana Fakhar Uddin of Chaura village. Locals and Maulana Fakhar Uddin himself called the power authorities and informed about his release. But the power authorities did not move. They did not repair the power lines until the morning.

Meanwhile, Maulana Fakhar Uddin’s grandson Ariful Islam, a third class student of a local primary school, was electrocuted while returning home from school on Monday. Seeing his grandson in this condition, Fakhar Uddin himself was electrocuted while trying to save him.

Until the writing of this report (5 pm) Kanaighat police are trying to calm down the situation by appearing at the spot.

Please Share This Post in Your Social Media

© All rights reserved © 2019 thedailymorningglory.com
Design & Developed BY website