October 17, 2021, 10:30 pm
Noakhali Representative :
Four members of the same family have been electrocuted in Sonaimuri, Noakhali. The incident took place at around 6.15pm on Friday at an agricultural land in Shilmud village of Bajra union’s 9th ward.
The deceased were identified as Abdur Rahim, 55, son of Abul Bashar of Shilmud village, Md Yusuf, 48, son of Wazir Ali, Sumon, 28, son of Nur Hossain and Jewel, 16, son of Shahid Ullah. The shadow of mourning has descended on the area of this incident. Upon receiving the news, Sonaimuri Upazila and Thana administration officials visited the spot.
Miran Aur Rashid, chairman of Bajra Union Parishad of Sonaimuri Upazila, said Abdur Rahim, a resident of Shilmud village, landed on his farm around 6pm on Friday. The old iron poles of the Palli Bidyut Samiti on the land were electrified and the field water was also electrified. At that time, when Abdur Rahim was electrocuted, Yusuf went to save him. Yusuf also went down to the field and got electrocuted. Later, while trying to save him, Sumon and while trying to save Sumon, Jewel was electrocuted and died on the spot.
They were later rescued and taken to Noakhali General Hospital where the on-duty doctor declared them dead.