September 19, 2021, 4:30 pm

Notice :
Website update in progress. Soon we will have a new look....

Clashes over death of two patients in Sylhet: blockade-vandalism

Sylhet Representative :

A clash has erupted at Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College Hospital in Sylhet over the death of two female patients. At least 7-8 people were injured in clashes with hospital security personnel on various charges against the authorities, including medical negligence. A private car kept in various glasses and parking lot of the hospital was vandalized.

The incident took place around 2 pm on Wednesday. Upon receiving the news, Sylhet Jalalabad police brought the situation under control after trying for an hour. Additional police have been deployed to avoid untoward incidents.
Meanwhile, workers have protested in the streets as a woman who died was the mother of a truck-covered van-pickup workers’ union leader. In the Pathantula area of ​​the Sylhet-Sunamganj road adjacent to the hospital, they blocked the road and staged protests demanding action against those involved. Later, the workers lifted the blockade on the assurance of the police.

It is learned that Fuljan Bibi, a resident of Islamabad area of ​​Golapganj upazila of Sylhet and mother of Samad Rahman, publicity secretary of Truck Covered Van Workers Union, was admitted to the hospital a few days ago. She had a tumor in her uterus. When relatives were informed of the death on Wednesday morning, they became angry.

Samad Rahman complained that one drug after another was bought. The patient has been in the ICU for two days. No one was allowed to see. The patient has already died. But the authorities started the drama by leaving the body. When he protested the incident, the security personnel including him misbehaved and beat them.

Meanwhile, at the same time, the relatives of Halima Begum, wife of Feroz Miah of Gopal Kandigaon village in Sylhet Sadar Upazila, got angry. They make the same complaint.

According to the relatives, one test has been done 4-5 times. The patient was not allowed to see. The patient died two days ago. After seeing the body on Wednesday, blood was seen coming out of his body. But no operation was allowed. Sprays with different medicines are bought in the morning.

Relatives protested in front of the hospital with the body.

In this regard, Jalalabad Police Station OC Nazmul Huda Khan said that there was tension and fight between his relatives and the security personnel of the hospital over the death of a patient. The police brought the situation under control. Relatives protested the death of another patient.

Dr. in charge of the emergency department of the hospital. Awlad said the condition of the two patients was already bad. The patient’s relatives know that.

But after their death, Awlad claimed that they started fighting.

Please Share This Post in Your Social Media

© All rights reserved © 2019
Design & Developed BY website