April 28, 2024, 9:19 am
Notice :
Wellcome to our website...

IU Al-Hadith dept reunion held

Reporter Name 410 Time View
Update : Saturday, September 23, 2023

Mutasim Billah, IU Correspondent

The first reunion of Islamic University (IU) Al-Hadith and Islamic Studies department was held on the campus in Kushtia on Saturday amid much enthusiasm and reminiscence of old days.

The day-long program included a colorful procession, batch-wise reminiscence, photo session and cultural functions. A huge number of students of the department from 1991-92 session to 2022-23 session thronged the campus to celebrate their reunion.

Marking the day, former and current teachers, students and staff of the department brought out a colorful procession from the entrance of the university’s faculty building around 10:30 am. The procession ended in front of the Birshrestho Hamidur Rahman auditorium after parading the main streets of the campus. Later, a discussion program and cultural functions were held there.

IU Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr. Shaikh Abdus Salam addressed the event as chief guest. Professor Syed Maksudur Rahman, chairman of the department presided over the program while Pro-vice Chancellor Professor M Mahbubur Rahman, treasurer Professor M Alamgir Hossain Bhuiya, theology faculty dean Professor H A N M Ershdad Ullah and founding chairman of the department Professor A.K.M WaliUllah attended as the special guests.

IU proctor Professor Shahadat Hossain Azad, student advisor Professor Shelina Nasrin and IU teachers association president Professor M Jahangir Hossain and secretary Professor Tapan Kumar Gooder were also present on the occasion, among others.

আপনার মতামত লিখুন :