December 3, 2023, 11:07 pm
Notice :
Wellcome to our website...

Two sisters died due to electrocution in Sultanshi village

Reporter Name 97 Time View
Update : Friday, October 21, 2022

Jewel Chowdhury, Habiganj Representative/

Two sisters died due to electrocution in Sultanshi village of Habiganj Sadar Upazila. The incident took place at Sultanshi village of the upazila around 5 pm yesterday.

The deceased are Shimla Akhtar (9), daughter of Abdul Latif of Sultanshi village and Rozina Akhtar (8), daughter of businessman Siddique Ali of neighboring Abdabkhai village. They are cousins.

According to the family, Rozina is a student of Class III and Class II of Shimla Government Primary School.

It is known that the two sisters were playing in the courtyard of Abdul Latif’s house in the afternoon. At one point they climbed on the tin roof of the house. However, some people cut the electric wire and leave it on the tin. At that time, they inadvertently fell down from the rice by getting caught in the electric wire. Family members rescued them and took them to Habiganj District Sadar Modern Hospital, where doctor Mehdi Hasan declared them dead.

Meanwhile, on receiving the news, the Sadar police station sent the dead body to the morgue for autopsy. Their untimely death has cast a shadow of grief on both families.

In this regard, Additional Superintendent of Police Mafroza Akhtar Shimul said that the police went to the hospital as soon as they heard the incident. The matter is under investigation. However, initially it is believed that they died due to electric wires.

আপনার মতামত লিখুন :

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More News Of This Category