January 28, 2021, 4:28 am
Mir Jamal Habiganj: 10 shops have been burnt to ashes in a horrific fire at Harashpur railway station market in Madhabpur upazila.
The fire broke out in the morning on Monday (December 6) at various shops near the platform of Harashpur railway station.
Eyewitness teacher Abu Kawsar said that first a fire broke out in a shop and then it spread to nearby shops. The fire broke out when a gas cylinder kept in the kitchen of a restaurant exploded. Possibly the fire started from an electrical short circuit. Upon receiving the news of the fire, the people of the area and the teachers and students of the nearby Harashpur Madrasa came and managed to control the fire for two hours. However, the damage caused by the fire could not be immediately ascertained.
Dharmaghar U / P Chairman Shamsul Islam (Kamal) confirmed the incident and said that the fire broke out on Monday morning. However, the fire was brought under control with the help of students, teachers and locals of the nearby Harashpur Madrasa.
Harshpur Railway Station Master Abdul Mannan said, “I rushed to the spot after getting the news of the fire and immediately informed the local administration including the local fire service and rural electricity office.” However, before the fire service personnel arrived, the fire was brought under control through the efforts of students and teachers of the local madrasa.
Madhabpur Fire Service Station in-charge Rakib Hossain said, “We got the immediate news and saw that the fire was brought under control due to the efforts of the locals.” However, the cause of the fire was not immediately known.