November 26, 2020, 3:16 am

Notice :
Website update in progress. Soon we will have a new look....

Anirban Library Next To The River That Lost Two Legs In Shayestaganj

Habiganj Correspondent: Anirban Library is standing next to Tashreen Akter Nadir (9), a schoolgirl who lost two legs due to electrocution in Shayestaganj Upazila.

Additional DIG of Sylhet Joydev Kumar, the founder of Anirban Library, also took charge of the treatment of Bhadra river. In the wake of this, he posted a post on his personal and Anirban library’s Facebook group asking for help in treating the river. This humane post on Facebook caught the eye of a large number of well-wishers from Anirban Libraries in the country and abroad. They extended a hand of cooperation for the treatment of the river.

On Thursday (October 22) evening, former secretary of the Shipping Ministry Ashok Madhab Roy, the chief adviser of the Anirban Library, handed over Tk 150,000 in cash on behalf of the Anirban Library at Nadir’s house in Dakshin Barachar village of the upazila.

Upazila Parishad Chairman Abdur Rashid Talukder Iqbal, Anirbane Library Adviser and President of Habiganj TV Journalists Association Mohammad Nahiz, former President of Habiganj Press Club Md. Fazlur Rahman, Anirban Library Moderator Badal Roy, Shayestaganj Police Station OC Ajay Chandra Dev, Investigation OC Al Mamun, Shayestaganj Press Club President ASM Afzal Ali, General Secretary Moinul Hasan Ratan, Journalist Mohammad Nur Uddin, Kamrul Hasan and Student Leader Emdadul Haque Shait .

Mohammad Nahij, advisor of Anibarna Library, said that a few days ago, student leader Emdadul Haque Shital posted on Facebook asking for help for the treatment of the schoolgirl Nadir. Additional DIG of Sylhet Joydev Kumar Bhadra took a look at this post. When he re-posted on his Arniban Library’s Facebook page asking for help for the treatment of the river, 108 people contributed financially for the treatment of the river. As a result, the river was given 1 lakh 90 thousand rupees twice.

It may be mentioned that on the afternoon of May 15, Nadi went for a walk with her classmates on the roof of the house under construction of Morzina Khatun, the owner of Al Medina Residential Hotel in Dakshin Barachar village. He is evident in the main line of electricity left on the roof. The locals immediately rescued him and took him to Habiganj Sadar Modern Hospital where the on-duty doctor sent him to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital. After a few days of treatment in Sylhet, his physical condition deteriorated further. Doctors there were taken to Dhaka Sheikh Hasina Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute on May 26 for more advanced treatment. There, on June 4, doctors were forced to save the life of the river and cut off two legs.

Please Share This Post in Your Social Media

© All rights reserved © 2019
Design & Developed BY website